Importing my keys fails

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 14:23:39 CET 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 11:52, Michael Erskine wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 21:33, Joseph Bruni wrote:
> > An OpenSSH key is not an OpenPGP key. There are some efforts to use
> > OpenPGP keys for SSH authentication, however.

Hmm, yes I found a reference to this actually being implemented in
http://www.ssh.com/support/documentation/online/ssh/adminguide/32/Public-Key_Authentication-2.html
but that may not be a truly Free Software implementation.

Now for the flipside!

> Can they be somehow integrated or will I always need two (or more) sets of
> keys? Are the keys used by OpenSSH in themselves somehow less secure or is
> there something in their nature that means they can never be used by
> OpenPGP?

Still googling away!

> My limited understanding was that symetric keys were just a pair
> of fancy numbers! :)

Sorry, I meant asymmetric keys of course :)

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Nobody can be exactly like me.  Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
		-- Tallulah Bankhead