Cannot refresh my own key

Carlos Arenas Córdoba carenas2 at alumni.gs.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 10 05:28:09 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 08:53 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 10:21:36PM -0400, Carlos Arenas Córdoba wrote:
> > hello all.
> >
> > several months ago, i imported my key to canonical's (company behind
> > ubuntu distribution) launchpad.  since then i cannot refresh my key:
> >
> > <excerpt>
> > $ gpg --refresh-keys 0xe0de64c5
> > gpg: requesting key E0DE64C5 from http server keyserver.ubuntu.com
> > gpgkeys: key DE46B91FBD9FE4532CB077094D40B8A2E0DE64C5 not found on
> > keyserver
> > gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> > gpg: Total number processed: 0
> > </excerpt>
> >
> > for some reason, gpgkeys is using my fingerprint as my keyid.
> >
> > how can i correct this?  thanks in advance.
>
> You have a mistaken assumption.  The fingerprint is not relevant here.
> It looks like you have a preferred keyserver set pointing to the wrong
> place.  Add "--keyserver-options verbose verbose verbose" to your
> command and see where you're actually looking.
>
> David

I tried that without success (nothing different happened).  But then I
changed the preferred keyserver for my key from
http://keyserver.ubuntu.com to hkp://subkeys.pgp.net, and then it did
work.

Not sure why that made the difference, but I will figure that out on my
own.  Thanks for the tip!  :-)

ca.

--
carlos a. arenas