A problem with winpt encrypting the current window

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 09:34:12 CEST 2006

Julia Dashkevich wrote:

 > no tool for uninstalling my current version separately
 > from gpg4win.  What are the steps for updating winpt
 > to the newer version and can it be done without
 > affecting the current gpg installation?

Just unzip the ZIP archive and overwrite the ptd.dll
and the winpt.dll. That's it.

 > TB compose window, triggered by clicking 'mail' in IE
 > - it works. I wonder, why it should not work in
 > _the_same_ kind of compose window, but triggered by TB

The current window mode can be strange. But from what I've heard,
it works on most machines with most windows.

 > Well, using IE each time i want to encrypt the current
 > compose window does not seem like a valid option to

Use the hotkeys instead. With them you can focus the
window you want to extract data from. Use the hotkey
and it will be encrypted and pasted back to this window.

     Timo