Can't propagate key through public keyservers

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 30 12:44:41 CET 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:42, David SMITH said:

> Does anyone have any more details on exactly *what* is "broken" on the
> pks keyservers?  I'm going to have to convince our IT department that it's

PKS does not support OpenPGP.  What it does is just a hack to support
one subkey but no full merging code.  There are other problems as
well.  David could probably come up with complete list.  The common
understanding is not to use pks anymore.  All big sites have meanwhile
changed to SKS.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner