gpgkeys_hkp: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.3:

Dead Loss spamcan26 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 18:41:08 CEST 2006

I have downloaded GnuPG-1.4.5 and built it using

./configure –prefix=/usr/mylocal –libdir=/usr/local/lib
–includedir=/usr/local/phplibs/include/
–with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local/phplibs

as I do not have root access to my machine, but when I try to connect to pgp.mit.edu I get the following error

[mylogin][~]$ gpg –keyserver pgp.mit.edu –recv-keys 0×985A444B

gpg: requesting key 985A444B from hkp server pgp.mit.edu

/usr/mylocal/libexec/gnupg/gpgkeys_hkp: error while loading shared
libraries: libcurl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme `hkp’

gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

What have I done wrong?

I had to edit keyserver/Makefile.am to get it to compile as it kept failing - could not find curl/curl.h (ksutils.c).  I moved these definitions to the end and added $(gpgkeys_curl_CPPFLAGS)

gpgkeys_ldap_CPPFLAGS = @LDAP_CPPFLAGS@ $(gpgkeys_curl_CPPFLAGS)
gpgkeys_ldap_LDADD = ../util/libutil.a @LDAPLIBS@ @NETLIBS@ $(other_libs) @GETOPT@ @W32LIBS@

gpgkeys_finger_LDADD = ../util/libutil.a @NETLIBS@ $(other_libs) @GETOPT@ @W32LIBS@

Richard