Structure of pubring.gpg

Oskar L. oskar at rbgi.net
Fri Sep 15 20:03:37 CEST 2006

>> Why are the keys in pubring.gpg in the order in witch they were
>> imported?
>
> pubring.gpg is an internal data structure of gpg and only to be used
> by gpg.  If you want to export import stuff, you need to use the gpg
> commands --import or --export.

Yes, I know how to import and export keys. But I was wondering why gpg
does not arrange the keys automatically by ID or by something else. I
think it is bad that in the unfortunate case that someone gets hold of my
keyrings they can see in what order I have imported the keys. It would
also be convenient if you would get a sorted list with --list-keys.

Oskar