Synchronize keyrings

John Clizbe JPClizbe at comcast.net
Mon Sep 18 03:04:11 CEST 2006

Martin Schoch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have secure/public keyrings on two different systems (Windows and
> Linux). How to easily synchronize the to keyrings? On both systems I
> insert up and now some new public keys - but they should be available
> on both systems.

If you're signing keys with local signatures include
   --import-options import-local-sigs
before --import or in each machine's gpg.conf

On the windows box	gpg --import pubring.gpg.linux

On the linux box	gpg --import pubring.gpg.windows

I'll leave it to you to decide the best way to get each of the public keyring
files copied to the other machine. Just make sure you don't overwrite one of the
files when copying.

BTW, this also works for the secret keyring, secring.gpg.

#include <sys/disclaim.h>
There is no guarantee that this will continue to work. The keyring storage
format is up to the implementation authors and is subject to change.

The canonical approach is to export, transfer, then import.

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10