DSA2

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:08:32 CEST 2006

Qed wrote:
> On 09/23/2006 03:15 PM, Carlo Luciano Bianco wrote:
> [..snip..]
>> So my point is: what is the real advantage of "DSA2" over RSA
>> (if any, beside being the US standard)?
> Smaller, much smaller, signatures(on certification this is a desiderable
> property).
>
> [..snip..]
>> And therefore, even better, what is the present status of adding to
>> GnuPG an "official" ECC keys support?
> ECC are not part in RFC2440 nor there's a plan to include them.

You're wrong.

9.1. Public Key Algorithms

       ID           Algorithm
       --           ---------
       1          - RSA (Encrypt or Sign)
       2          - RSA Encrypt-Only
       3          - RSA Sign-Only
       16         - Elgamal (Encrypt-Only), see [ELGAMAL]
       17         - DSA (Digital Signature Standard)
       18         - Reserved for Elliptic Curve
       19         - Reserved for ECDSA
       20         - Elgamal (Encrypt or Sign)
       21         - Reserved for Diffie-Hellman (X9.42,
                    as defined for IETF-S/MIME)
       100 to 110 - Private/Experimental algorithm.

--
                Alphax
        Death to all fanatics!