gpg executable path

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 14:15:53 CEST 2007

David Shaw wrote the following on 4/4/07 2:43 PM:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:02:17PM +0300, Charly Avital wrote:
>> Mark Dymek wrote the following on 3/27/07 6:02 PM:
>>> when i install gnupg 1.4.7 on a mac os x systerm where does the
>>> executable file get installed? in other words where does gnupg live on
>>> my system.
>> On MacOS X, GnuPG's executable path is /Users/[short-name]/.gnupg.
>
> No, that's where it stores keyrings.  The executable is the 'gpg'
> program itself.
>
> David

David,

I wouldn't dream of arguing with you, and I have no doubt that you are
right.

All I know, empirically, is that:
- /.gnupg is where gpg stores not only keyrings, but also gpg.conf,
trustdb.gpg and random_seed.
- that is the path I insert in TB+Enigmail's OpenPGP
Preferences/Basic/Basic Settings  field 'GnuPG executable path', to make
TB inter-operate with GnuPG.

Charly