Gnupg cannot handle extremely large keys on 32 bit Linux

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Mon Apr 16 16:10:34 CEST 2007

Werner Koch wrote the following on 4/16/07 2:48 PM:
[...]

> GPG 2.x uses libgcrypt for crypto operations and this includes keyid
> calculations and converting of big integers.  It really would make sense
> to check again using the latest stable libgcrypt (1.2.4).  If libgcrypt
> has been statically linked, take care that you re-link gpg2 after
> installing libgcrypt 1.2.4.
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

I have now installed libgcrypt 1.2.4:
------
$ libgcrypt-config --version
1.2.4
------

Importing the 'large key' using gpg2 still produces a key with key ID
17CACAE3.

So, I have to link gpg2, and try again - my problem is: I am not sure
how to do it.

I have read documentation about using the command 'ln  and ln -s', but I
have never done that before, and the last thing I want to do is to mess
up things.

These are the paths I have:
/usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config
/usr/local/bin/gpg2