gpgme_set_passphrase_cb() not working

Jules Colding colding at omesc.com
Wed Apr 18 18:21:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've written a small keyring utility(*) to store passwords and such. It
is using gpgme to interface with gnupg and works wonderfully on Gentoo
and Fedora.

However, on OpenSUSE 10.2 it doesn't. The problem is that
gpgme_set_passphrase_cb() doesn't have any effect on that platform.

I'm seeing pinentry-gtk-2 prompting me for a passphrase no matter what I
do. This naturally leads to my keyring not working as the gpgme
framework can't get the correct passphrase.

Is there anything I can do to force gpgme to use the callback that I
provides in gpgme_set_passphrase_cb() or is this something that has been
hard coded into gnupg on OpenSUSE?

Thanks a lot in advance,
  jules

(*) Full source is here:

http://www.omesc.com/content/downloads/dist/testing/brutus-snapshot.tar.bz2

Look in <brutus/idl/products/evolution/2.4/brutus-keyring/> for the
keyring source. A small test program is in <../keyring-test/>.