GPG signature verification problem?

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Wed Apr 18 22:54:46 CEST 2007

Blumenthal, Uri wrote the following on 4/18/07 8:14 PM:
>> I have verified the e-mail (sent by Robert), twice: in the
>> original message from Robert, and in Robert's quoted message
>> in Uri's e-mail. Good signature.
>
> That's a convincing proof.
>
>>> The base 64 encoding of the signature is broken.
>> Uri: do you get blank spaces in Robert's signature?
>
> Not that I can see... Every line except for the
> very last one is full, and seems to have no weird
> characters (nor blanks) in it...

The signature text is displayed in lines of 64 ASCII characters. Blank
spaces are not ASCII characters, they would have broken the base 64 of
the signature.

The last line of a signature is composed of five ASCII characters.

The line before that last one can have less than 64 ASCII characters.

> On the other hand
> in your signature encoding, before the last short
> line the supposedly-long line appears truncated.

Could you verify my signature?

> Here's Robert's sig again:

Seems fine.

> Here's your sig: