pinentry - Impossible to disable/ignore if present?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Apr 20 16:18:24 CEST 2007

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:34, colding at omesc.com said:

> So even if I prevent pinentry to show up it will eventually be
> impossible for me to provide my own callback function?

I don't understand this.  It is in general useless to tell gpg-agent not
to use pinentry for a desktop machine.  For a server you want to use
gpg-preset-passpharse or - better - use no passphrase at all.

> Will this also hold true if I use libgcrypt instead?

Libgcrypt is a low-level library without any relation to OpenPGP or
S/MIME.  It is much like libc.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner