Algorithm 11 not available

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Fri Apr 27 15:21:10 CEST 2007

Graham Murray wrote the following on 4/27/07 1:34 PM:
> I am no longer able to verify signatures, or even list my keyring. I
> suspect that a key as been (automatically) imported which uses SHA224
> which gpg does not support. Can anyone advise what I can do to a) Fix
> the keyring and b) Stop it getting borked in future?

I have both gpg 1.4.7 and gpg2 2.0.3 installed under MacOSX.

I had SHA224 enabled in personal-digest-preferences, and when listing
for gpg2:

$ gpg2 -v -v --list-keys
gpg: invalid item `SHA224' in preference string
gpg: invalid personal digest preferences

but when listing for gpg
$ gpg -v -v --list-keys
gpg: using classic trust model
[all listed keys listed]

Once I removed SHA224 from personal-digest-preferences,
both gpg2 and gpg listed keys smoothly.

It *would seem* that it is gpg2 (not gpg) that does not support SHA224.

Charly