Partial file download issue - GPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 10 12:56:07 CEST 2007

On Thu,  9 Aug 2007 23:54, ewrobinson at fedex.com said:

> We think it might be the file size.  These are over 4MB.
> Now we've started with one record, that worked, and we are increasing
> the file size gradually, up to 1.9MB, and success so far.
> Is there a file size limit on GPG?

No.  Depending on the OS and how you pass the data to gpg (piped or
given filename) you may encounter problems for files larger 2 GB.  I
suggest to always pipe the data to gpg so that the OS's shell can tell
you that the file is too large (not sure whether they do this).  It has
also the advantage that you know who the culprit is (gpg or the shell)
;-).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner