Importing a key from PGP

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 19:29:57 CEST 2007

trkghost wrote:

> David Shaw wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 07:30:00AM -0700, trkghost wrote:
>>>
>>> I am trying to import this one key from PGP and keep getting this
>>> error...
>>>
>>> C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG>gpg --import "Company Name.asc"
>>> gpg: public key XXXXXXX is 21450 seconds newer than the signature
>>> gpg: public key XXXXXXX is 21450 seconds newer than the signature
>>> gpg: key XXXXXXX: no valid user IDs
>>> gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
>>> gpg: Total number processed: 1
>>> gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions around this issue?
>>
>> gpg --ignore-time-conflict

>   Thank you that helped out alot.  We were able to get the key imported but
> how would I incorperate that line into the encryption process?  I tried a
> few different ways but it keeps getting errored out.
>
>   We have a batch file setup to encrypt and here is the line we use...Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> "D:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\GPG" -q --yes --pgp7 -e -a -r %2 %1

Add it to your encryption command line

    ...\GnuPG\GPG" --ignore-time-conflict -q --yes --pgp7 -e -a -r %2 %1

or add
	ignore-time-conflict

to gpg.conf

gpg.conf is just a text file of settings and options to gpg.  It normally is
found in the GnuPG homedir along with your keyring files. 'gpg --version' will
tell you the location being used by GnuPG. On Windows, the default location is
the expansion of %APPDATA%\GnuPG

--
John P. Clizbe                   Inet:   JPClizbe(a)comcast DOT nyet
Golden Bear Networks             PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10