Redistributing the GnuPG Windows Binary

Sven Radde sven at radde.name
Wed Dec 12 19:44:51 CET 2007

Hi!

Brad Tilley schrieb:
> Hope this isn't too inappropriate. It is OK to redistribute the GnuPG
> Windows binary installer?

IANAL, but given that GnuPG is GPLed, it should be perfectly OK.
However, you probably have to GPL your additions to the binary (i.e. the
customized scripts).

> We'd like to distribute it with some scripts
> that by default setup the path, etc.

I don't know what exactly you are trying to do, but I think you should
have a look at gpg4win.org.
It allows you to create customized GnuPG installers - the default
version bundles GnuPG with some GUIs and also sets PATH correctly.

HTH, Sven