How can I compile the CardMan 4000 driver on Kubuntu 7.10?

Alessandro Bottoni alessandro.bottoni at infinito.it
Wed Dec 19 11:34:47 CET 2007

Hi Guys,
I downloaded the CM4000 driver from
http://svn.gnumonks.org/trunk/omnikey_cardman/new/kernel/cm4000/ and I
tried to compile it on both a Kubuntu 7.10 with kernel 2.6.22-14 and a
Linux Mint 3.0 (== Kubuntu 7.04) with kernel 2.6.20-16 (on both machines
I installed both the kernel headers and the kernel sources).

I'm keep on getting a flood of error messages and I'm not able to
compile the driver. It looks like the compiler does not find some header
("cm4000.h"?) or something like that. I tried to fix it but I was not
lucky...

Does anybody know hot to compile this driver on Kunbuntu 7.10?

Do I have to put it in any particular location (maybe in
/lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/build/drivers/)?

Am I missing any required component/header?

Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.
--

Alessandro Bottoni
Website: http://www.alessandrobottoni.it/

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
     -- Philip K. Dick