Looking for missing Lib modules

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Dec 21 03:08:37 CET 2007

Alan Olsen wrote:
> If you are using OS X, don't use Fink.

Why not?

> It works fine and does not suffer from the bjorked
> dependancies that Fink create.

Which bjorked dependencies are this?  And are you certain that comparing
Fink to the lead singer of the Sugarcubes is the right way to condemn
it?  I mean, Björk's got some fine music, I'm a big fan of "Human
Behavior".  :)

Anyway.  From 'fink show-deps gnupg':

To install the compiled package...
  The following other packages (and their dependencies) must be
  installed:
    bzip2-shlibs
    libgettext3-shlibs
    libiconv
    libusb-shlibs
    openldap23-shlibs
    readline5-shlibs

None of these strike me as ridiculous dependencies.

The requirements to build from source via Fink are identical to the
above, with the addition of the correct -dev package, as well as texinfo.

I have not heard of anyone having problems with GnuPG in Fink.  If
you're having problems, I'm sure that Benjamin Reed would love to hear them.