[Announce] GnuPG's 10th birthday

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Dec 21 13:22:42 CET 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:04, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> I knew you were referring to the World War Two era; I just thought it
> was worth mentioning that many Germans lived in a surveillance society
> until fairly recently.

Alas soon again.  The new surveillance laws are pretty close to what
they did in the GDR.  That is why some people here are talking about
Stasi-2.0 [1].  Our hope is in the Federal Constitutional Court which is
busily correcting these new laws of our parliament.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

[1] Stasi = "Ministerium fuer Staatssicherheit" in the former GDR, their
            surveilance and citizen control agenecy.