smartcard and ssh

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:54:52 CET 2007

On 2/2/07, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:
> On Fri,  2 Feb 2007 14:00, r.post at sara.nl said:
>
> > mope, I didn't. I tried installing it (as part of the gpgsm package) but
> > the /usr/lib/gnupg/pcsc-wrapper seems to be missing in the package :(
>
> If you have an USB reader, try using the internal ccid-driver.  You
> need to stop the pcscd first.  You may test it with the plain gpg - it
> will also use the ccid-driver (--debug-ccid-driver helps to detect
> problems).  Make sure that the usbfs is loaded and that the
> permissions are correct .  The smart card howto at www.gnupg.org
> should be helpful.

Or if your smartcard supports PKCS#11 interface you can use the
gnupg-pkcs11-scd from http://gnupg-pkcs11.sourceforge.net and OpenSSH
PKCS#11 from http://alon.barlev.googlepages.com/openssh-pkcs11, this
way you can use your smartcard with many application at the same time
without stopping any interface or making the card locked by one of
them.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.