smartcard and ssh

Remco Post r.post at sara.nl
Thu Feb 8 10:47:13 CET 2007

Alex Mauer wrote:
> Remco Post wrote:
>> hmmm, more problems. I've decided that the ubuntu packages are broken.
>> I'll try again in a new release or when I gain some more patience ;-)
>
> Have you looked for and/or reported the bugs you found?
>
> It works for me pretty much "out of the box" with ubuntu/feisty, less so
> with earlier releases.
>
> Here are the problems I found and what I had to do to fix them:
>
> * gnupg was trying to use pcsc-wrapper at the wrong location (see bug
> #68047, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnupg2/+bug/68047 ).
> It is installed in /usr/lib/gnupg2 rather than /usr/lib/gnupg where the
> scd is looking for it.  This can be solved either by copying the file,
> or with a symlink.  This seems to have been fixed in feisty.

ok, installing gnupg2 and symlinking this file as well as the libpcslite
helped, thanks a lot!

> * Another was that the ssh-agent support is not enabled out of the box.
>  This may be enabled by editing /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90gpg-agent and
> adding "--enable-ssh-support" in the appropriate place (around line 17).
>
> *The final thing I needed to do was to install the package
> libpcsclite-dev.  This installs the symlink /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so,
> linked to /usr/lib/libpcslite.so.1.0.0.  Or of course, you could create
> that symlink yourself.  This also appears to have been fixed in feisty,
> though you do still need libpcsclite1 (and pcscd).
>
> -Alex Mauer "hawke"

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP Key fingerprint = 6367 DFE9 5CBC 0737 7D16  B3F6 048A 02BF DC93 94EC

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams