Keyrings for websites

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Feb 8 17:32:30 CET 2007

Hello,

Op donderdag 8 februari 2007 15:36, schreef Joseph Oreste Bruni:
> You might want to check out "Domain Keys" which is used to
> authenticate email sessions between MTA's.
>
> Also, peer-to-peer authentication can be accomplished via X.509
> certificates and SSL.

Ye, I am aware of the X.509 to authenticate servers. Also I know my way around
in the SSL "stuff". This, however, is a different thing then what I want to
achieve. I am not so much interested in secure connections, nor in
authentication, between peers.

What I want, is a way to say 'look, I am Foo.com, and I trust Bar.com
ultimately. Since you trust me, you can trust Bar.com too'. That way one can
allow sign-ins from other trusted sites, trackbacs etc.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Bèr

--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl