gen-key non-interactively

snowcrash+gnupg-users schneecrash+gnupg-users at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:14:19 CET 2007

> I strongly advise against using expect to generate keys.  Your expect
> script will break when we change the text that GPG displays.  If you
> want to generate keys unattended, then use the --batch --gen-key
> interface.

i clearly understand that, and will manage my script(s) accordingly.
thanks. :-)

fwiw, the snippet i attached is a part of a larger, expect-based
script i use to roll-out gpg "key packages" to new employees.  as
'batch' support is only, currently provided (afaict ...) for gen-key,
i simply use expect (even though i think it's a major pita!) to be
consistent across all my other script functions.

atm, there's no other convenient full-autommation option that i'm
aware of; and, again, yes, i know it's 'upgrade fragile'.

thanks.