external pinpad, gnupg, SPR532 PinPad SmartCard Reader

Michael Parker MichaelParker at gmx.de
Sun Feb 11 18:18:03 CET 2007

On Sunday 11 February 2007 17:42, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> If you use opensc enabled card, is the PKCS#11 provider works with the
> external PIN pad?
> You can test it using firefox or pkcs11-tool.
>
> If yes, you can use the gnupg-pkcs11-scd.

Hi Alon,

thanks for the hint !
I don't know if I get it.

For example:
when I try
pkcs11-tool -L

I get:

winscard_clnt.c:320:SCardEstablishContextTH() Cannot open public shared
file: /var/run/pcscd.pub
Available slots:
Slot 0           (empty)
Slot 1           (empty)
Slot 2           (empty)
Slot 3           (empty)
Slot 4           (empty)
Slot 5           (empty)
Slot 6           (empty)
Slot 7           (empty)

which doesn't mean a think to me.

I don't think that this is the reason for my problem. A year ago it already
worked with the exception that there was not popup asking me to enter the pin
by the cardreader.
As I mentioned the ubuntu-distribution behaves different.

Kind regards,
Michael