external pinpad, gnupg, SPR532 PinPad SmartCard Reader

Alex L. Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Sun Feb 11 21:14:55 CET 2007

Michael Parker wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I tried to setup an external smartcard reader with a pinpad and on gentoo I
> don't get it to work.
>  On an ubuntu-installation the pin isn't enterd by the external pinpad but by
> the regualar keyboard and that works fine.
>  On gentoo I'm asked to enter the pin on the pinpad of the reader. After
> entering it doesn't find the secret key.

For what it's worth, the external pinpad did start to work for me on
Ubuntu for awhile.  But then I changed something and it stopped (it may
have been enabling ssh support in the scdaemon -- I changed a few things
and didn't keep track of exactly what it was).  So the external pinpad
is very very close to working in Ubuntu.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"
--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.