GnuPG v2.0.2 MAC OS install - TESTING NEEDED!

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Sat Feb 17 01:35:57 CET 2007

I have a test version of a GnuPG v2.0.2 Mac OS Tiger install available
at
http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST1.tgz
 (Sig available at
http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST1.tgz.sig)

This is a Universal Binary and /should/ work on both PPC and Intel.

Save archive to disk, and then type "sudo tar xzvC / -f
/path/to/mac-gnupg-2.0.2-TEST1.tgz"

If you have not used mac-gpg2 before, you will then need to complete the
following steps:

i/ Add the new program "start gpg-agent" in Applications to the list of
programs to start on login.

ii/ Download
http://www.py-soft.co.uk/~benjamin/download/mac-gpg/environment.plist
and save in ~/.MacOSX/

iii/ Add "source ~/.gnupg/.gpg-agent" to the file ~/.profile  (Create
~/.profile if it doesn't already exist)

iv/ Create the file ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf containing the single line:
pinentry-program
"/Applications/pinentry-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/pinentry-helper"

v/ Log out.

Then when you log in gpg-agent should be started automatically and be
available to all applications.

This has been tested on a PPC but not Intel yet.  There's a small chance
that it may not work at all on your system, but I need feedback so that
I can improve it!  Once I know that it's working I will write an
installer that automates the above steps.

Remember, you can install this alongside regular gpg and if this version
doesn't work, regular gpg will be unaffected.

No patches were needed to any of the code and only libgcrypt's config.h
needed a minor edit for endian issues with the fat build.

Thanks as always to Charly for this patience.  Thanks to Werner and his
team for such a great product, and thanks to the macgpg team for getting
me started! :-)

	**** REMEMBER POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK NEEDED!!! ****

Ben