Keyserver refresh period after gpg --send-keys

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Feb 19 18:19:32 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:51:02AM -0500, Jason Harris wrote:

> > There is not an easy answer to that question.  subkeys.pgp.net is not
> > actually a keyserver, but rather a collection of (at the moment) 5
> > different keyservers.  When you use it, you get one server from the
> > pool in a round-robin fashion.  Generally speaking, any given
> > keyserver in the pool that you update reflects the update immediately,
> > but frequently people update one keyserver in the pool, but then check
> > for the update from another server in the pool which hasn't gotten it
> > yet.
>
> NB:  I think if GPG printed the IP address of the keyserver it used, it
> could end some of this confusion.

I think you're right (to print as a "verbose" thing for those who care
to know or to help with debugging), but unfortunately there is not an
easy way to get the IP address when using libcurl.  I'm not
particularly eager to start playing socket games with
CURLINFO_LASTSOCKET just to get a string to print.

David