Compiling GnuPG 2.0.1 on MacOS X

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 20 11:23:50 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:58, benjamin at py-soft.co.uk said:

> 'cos I was searching through my MacOS programming book for a solution to
> MacOS X not reading the GUI bundle information and it suggested using
> system.

I might have a solution.  In agent/call-pinentry you find this code:

  if ( !(pgmname = strrchr (opt.pinentry_program, '/')))
    pgmname = opt.pinentry_program;
  else
    pgmname++;

  argv[0] = pgmname;

What is does is to setup argv[0] so that there is no directory part.
Now my guess is that OS X uses argv[0] to locate the bundle and won't
find it if there is no directory part in argv[0].  To test it, you
just need to change the last line to:

  argv[0] = opt.pinentry_program;

Let me know if it works and I change the code.

Using system helps because it creates a new argv[0].

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner