Newbie Q: decryption

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at mac.com
Tue Feb 27 02:56:39 CET 2007

Oh yeah, third thing:

The "insecure memory" warning just means that the executable probably
needs to be setuid-root in order to allocate wired memory. You can
ignore this and still use the product. It just means that gpg tried
to allocate memory that cannot be swapped to disk and failed due to
permissions. Some OS's allow non-root users to allocate a limited
amount of wired memory (BSD, OS X) whereas HP-UX does not.

Joe