decrypt : primary key or subkey ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb01 at skynet.be
Wed Jun 13 17:18:54 CEST 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 16:00:49 David SMITH wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:31:19PM +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > Hello David,
> >
> > (note: I'm able to revoke this subkey (done but not sent to keyserver
> > yet)).
>
> Do you mean that you have already generated the revocation certificate
> previously, or that you have just generated one now?

(sorry for delays. I was off and abroad).

I simply revoked the subkey Elgamal and sent update to keyserver.
Looks like now this is reflected and so I do not (currently) have any key for
encryption. This what I intended to do as I was not able to decrypt.
Later I'll created a new subkey and update it the same way (after verification
of correct encrypt/decrypt behaviour).

I think that the problem came few months ago : as I changed computer I
exported secret key only,  but not secret-subkey. And so I installed the
keyring but without secret part of my subkey on my current computer.

Question: An export-secret should be followed by a export-secret-subkey ?
Correct ?

--
PGP key ID: 0x2e604d51
Key : http://www.costacurta.org/keys/bruno_costacurta_pgp_key.html