If the message is encrypted symmetrically...

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 20:14:55 CEST 2007

By definition of symmetric encryption, you must use the same key to
decrypt that was used to encrypt. I'm not sure what you're really
asking.

When you say "public key is used to generate symmetric key" you lost
me. Symmetric keys are typically just random numbers pulled from /dev/
random or similar.

Joe