Problems svn+ssh+gpg(-agent)+smartcard

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Tue Jun 26 10:36:54 CEST 2007

James Davis a écrit :
> Guillaume Yziquel wrote:
>
>> I'd really appreciate understanding what is happening...
>
> There are some circumstances (bugs!) under which the scdaemon process
> stops working.  Kill that process and try again; does that help?
>
> James

Thank you, James.

Well, I haven't tried your solution yet. But I will soon, I'll bet...

I think the scdaemon you're talking about is:

> root      3672  0.0  0.1  17948  1380 ?        Ssl  10:20   0:00 /usr/sbin/pcscd

But, what is weird is that when this combination

	svn+ssh+gpg(-agent)+smartcard

fails, I can still sign and decrypt electronic messages through the
smartcard, handled through gpg-agent and the scdaemon (I guess).

But perhaps the smartcard is handled in a different way in these two
different cases.

Is their anyway to monitor more closely what is happening than just
looking at the logs?

Thanks.

Guillaume.