Restore Smart-Card-Manuel

Sebastian von Thadden svt at teris.de
Tue Mar 6 20:26:38 CET 2007

Hi,

since 2 years, I'm using pgp. It's very nice.
Today I've got 2 pgp-smartcards.
The frist one works very good. Everything works good.

Now, I want to test, what happens when I lost this card or it's broken.

I've both cards, the public key and an .pgp-file.

I searched google for over 2 hours, but I only found an entry in this
lists. But the user did not complete the restore.
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gnupg-users&m=115027667302076&w=2)

Is here any expert than can post a step-by-step guide to get my
backup-card working ?

This restore-procedure should be published on any smartcard-howto.

Thanks from Germany

Bye,
Sebastian