GnuPG incompatible with windows-vista ?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Mar 14 05:47:35 CET 2007

> I can't build it now, because, I don't have installed the software to
> build it.

The software needed to build it doesn't exist for Vista.  Either
Cygwin or the MinGW compilers are needed, and neither of them work
with Vista at this point.  (MinGW fails with the same problem that's
afflicting GnuPG, it appears.)

It's possible to build trivial apps with Cygwin/MinGW on Vista.  It's
not possible to do serious work.

For now, the only real solution is to cross-compile for Vista or else
mangle the GnuPG source enough to make it work with MSVC2005.
Neither solution appears optimal.

> If you know a website, where I can find out, how to build the
> package, I
> will try it.

I think John Moore's the go-to guy for building GnuPG on Windows XP.
I don't know if he has any insights into compiling GnuPG on Vista,
however.