signing source code with gpg

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 18:06:03 CET 2007

In this case a detached signature would be your best bet. You would
check the detached sig in with the source code. When the source is
checked out, you could then validate that the source has not changed
since it was signed. Be careful, though, if you use any embedded
keywords with your revision control system ($Id$, et al). If the
revision control system changes the content of the files it will
invalidate the signature.

-Joe