[gpgme+gpg-agent] How to use gpg-agent in daemon

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 8 13:35:13 CEST 2007

On Tue,  8 May 2007 10:38, burak.oguz at portakalteknoloji.com said:

> purposes and I need to use gpg-agent in my program. But when I start my
> daemon it detaches itself from the current console therefore I can not

Well daemons keep it deep in their genes to detach themself.

> use gpg-agent. How can I make gpg-agent system wide for all users.

Although I doubt that this is a good idea, it is easy:

  chmod  777 $(echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO | cut -d: -f1)

then make GPG_AGENT_INFO available to all users.  Insted of 777 you
should put all users into one group, chgrp the socket and chmod to 770.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner