Secure text editor?

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at mac.com
Fri May 11 17:39:14 CEST 2007

It is a requirement that the files themselves be encrypted
individually or would it suffice to use an encrypted file system?

Since you are only encrypting in place and not transferring the
documents to another individual, there is probably no need to use
public-key encryption. Any tool that does AES-128 or the like would
suffice.

On Mac OS X, I have the ability to use an encrypted disk image in
which to store various documents, but I'm not aware of any editors
that do explicit encryption/decryption as part of their read/write
functions.