Second problem...gpg or kgpg?

Carl Spitzer cwsiv at keepandbeararms.com
Wed May 16 20:52:49 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 00:08 -0500, John B wrote:
> On Fri 27 April 07 13:24, Carl wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 01:29 -0500, John B wrote:
> > >   Hi again,
> > >
> > >   Out of the blue, it seems kgpg doesn't see my .gnupg directory. I
> > > opened it up the other day just to check something, and it showed no keys
> > > at all. I went into the settings and all it allows is to see my /home/me
> > > directory which has a couple of .asc keys(?) in it but had no gpg.conf
> > > file until I imported the .asc keys.
> > >   Is there a way to fix what's going on? Has this happened to anyone
> > > else? I did absolutely nothing with gpg or kgpg...no updates (other than
> > > the SuSE security update 2 or 3 months ago IIRR) to either of them. Still
> > > with 1.4.1 I think it is and was working fine until I happened to see it
> > > the other day. Sorry I'm not too good at explaining myself, but if
> > > there's any more info needed, it's easier if someone asks me and then
> > > I'll know better what needs to be said about my problem.
> >
> > Which version Suse and version of KGPG.  I do wish they would Seahorse
> > its better than kgpg
>
>   SuSE 9.3 and Kgpg 1.2.1.
>
>   I've never had a problem with kgpg before, in almost 4 years now, but if I
> can't figure out what's wrong all of a sudden with it like this, I'm going to
> look hard into that Seahorse, heh.

Seahorse is source only unless someone creates RPM.  So far I find its
main problem is SuSE uses different names for certain libraries so
the ./compile step fails.

BTW Seahorse is up to 1.x stable with 2.x beta.

I have 10.0 here and 9.2 on an old PII for email.

--

         o      _____            |  CWSIV at KeepAndBearArms.com  |