Printing Keys and using OCR.

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu May 17 20:59:43 CEST 2007

> For paper to last 100 years is not even vaguely impressive.  Paper
> regularly lasts many hundreds of years even under less than optimal
> conditions.

As an example, the modern paper ballot is about 2,200 years old.  The
reason why we know this is we keep finding them.  They practically
litter archaeological digs around Rome.

That said, for paper to last so long it needs to be archival-quality
paper.  High fiber content, low acid, very enduring inks.  But it's
certainly possible to get 2,000+ years out of paper for under $1 per
sheet.