Advice Upgrading to GnuPG 2

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Wed May 23 22:01:35 CEST 2007

Dear all,

    Hi.  This is imacat from Taiwan.

    I'm currently running GnuPG 1.4.7.  It works nicely.  I'm wondering
if I should upgrade to GnuPG 2.

    I'm thinking about that, even if I installed, I may never use it.
I'm used to the binary name "gpg", but not "gpg2".  And most
environments I'm working on are servers, not desktops.  I use GnuPG from
console mostly to check software package signatures, but not sign and
encrypt information.  I do not need gpg-agent at all in such cases.

    Can someone give me an advice whether I should upgrade to GnuPG 2 in
my case?  Will there be any security benefit upgrading it or not? Thank
you very much in advance.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>