easy way to confirm email validity

Joseph Oreste Bruni jbruni at mac.com
Thu May 24 17:42:34 CEST 2007

Securing normal email can be done using either an OpenPGP-compliant
email client and/or one that support S/MIME using X.509 certificates.

Trying to secure webmail is a lot more tedious since you'd need to
prepare the email in a local text-editor, sign it using GnuPG, and
paste the resulting text into your browser. The recipient would copy
the received text and use GnuPG to validate the signature. This is a
very tedious process.

If you want easy, you should use a local email program (POP3, IMAP,
SMTP).