Windows commandline abnormality

Hideki Saito hidekis at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:14:39 CEST 2007

This is something I started observing on gpg4win 1.1.0.

It seems like somehow, it is not handling interactive sessions.
For example;

C:\>gpg --edit-key hideki

C:\>gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.7; Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Secret key is available.

pub 1024D/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: SC
trust: ultimate validity: ultimate
sub 2048g/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: E
[ultimate] (1). *****

Invalid command (try "help")

Invalid command (try "help")

Invalid command (try "help")

Command>

and keep entering causes.

C:\>

pub 1024D/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: SC
trust: ultimate validity: ultimate
sub 2048g/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: E
[ultimate] (1). *****

Command>
C:\>

pub 1024D/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: SC
trust: ultimate validity: ultimate
sub 2048g/******** created: 2007-05-30 expires: 2007-06-02 usage: E
[ultimate] (1). *****

Command>
C:\>

Type in "exit" can pass that entry to the shell can cause shell to end
instead of exiting out of key edit mode.

If I do gpg --version, this is what I get.
Notice some how it is returning to shell once the command is issued. C:\
prompt followed by verson information does not get displayed until I
press enter.

C:\>gpg --version

C:\>gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.7
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ****
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

C:\>

This is perhaps another weird problem, but I see
C:\>gpg -sea

C:\>gpg: conflicting commands

C:\>

This always worked for me before.

This is fresh reinstallation of the operating system so I doubt if there
are any third party interference causing this. And there's nothing
specified in gpg.conf.
Anyone has idea what might be causing this, and is there any workaround
I can do?

Thank you.
Hideki