Trouble with keyservers

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Oct 22 06:45:56 CEST 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, David Shaw wrote:

> Or to be more accurate, you DO have a key for encryption, but the
> keyserver isn't storing it.  This is a well-known keyserver bug with
> the pksd keyserver software,

Out of curiosity, what software are the subkeys.pgp.net servers running?
I've had pretty good luck with that pool but I would hate to think I'm not
getting the complete picture. (Not to mention if I ever decide to generate
a key with subkeys ...)

> but many sites refuse to stop running it, despite this and other bugs.
> If you use a keyerver running sks software, you'll be fine.  I believe
> that pool.sks-keyservers.net has only sks servers in its mix.

Is there a way for us to tell that remotely?

Doug

--

 	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough