Public/Private Keys - Consequences

christopher dubois twy2shcn61kzj4d at mx0.wwwnew.eu
Fri Oct 19 17:39:04 CEST 2007

Sorry I don't know much about this as I am just beginning, but what are the
dangers if you submit your key to a keyserver and make at available to the
public?

I am aware that users who want to communicate with me securely can import my
key from a keyserver and add it to their keyring. But I want to know what
are the dangers of this, if there's any. Can users use my key to forge/alter
email documents and the likes? Also, what is the difference between your
public key and private key? What if someone has your private key, what can
they do with it? Thanks in advance.