beginner to gnupg

bjr149 bjr149 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:45:27 CEST 2007

I am very new to PGP.  I understand the concept of a public key and a private
key.

I worked with a client who sent me their public key which was a nice text
file. Im trying to export my public key to a text file but everytime I run
it I get a bunch of jumble garbage.

C:\GNU\GnuPG>gpg --export "key name" > C:\GNU\GnuPG\public.key

I tried to pass the -a parameter with a username but that didnt work either.
I guess im also not sure what user name should go there?

Can you have more than one key with the same name and a different user name?

In my pubring and secring there are keys. I want to be able to extact them
so I can send someone my public key.

Thanks.