script to clean my keyring

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Mon Oct 29 22:46:33 CET 2007

Hello,

I like to clean my key ring automatically. I have put the attached lines
together to do this. But something is wrong, the script shows the data
which need to be changed but the update is not saved. Experts, what is
wrong here??

for i in `gpg --list-keys --fixed-list-mode --with-colons |
grep "^pub" | cut -f5 -d":"` ; do
                gpg --batch --yes --edit-key $i clean
done

And a general Question:
I like to frequently run "gpg --refresh-key" and after this the above
script, in case it works, to get rid of the overhead. Do you think this
is a good idea to do so?

Thanks a lot
Michael