GnuPG in Linux

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Oct 30 20:56:47 CET 2007

Charly Avital wrote:
> My question, please help: where, how can I find and open, actually open
> and edit as required, gpg.conf? A ls search in .gnupg lists 'options'.

Dunno what that's doing there.  You're right, it should be gpg.conf.

The good news is most of your OS X Terminal.app skills will apply here.
 OS X 10.4 and 10.5 both use a program called 'bash' to provide a
command line.  So does Ubuntu.  Prior to 10.4, OS X used tcsh instead of
bash; if you're more comfortable with 10.0-10.3 behavior, talk to me
off-list and we can get Ubuntu set up with tcsh.

I'd suggest doing 'gedit ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf &' and just editing it that
way.  Gedit is the standard GNOME editor and should be much friendlier
than using nano.