Dealing with remaining plain text files

Ben Neuwirth benrawk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:03:30 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am new to gpg, and while I feel the following questions may be
common, I have not been able to find an answer to it on the web.

When you encrypt test.txt with gpg, you get a file names test.txt.gpg.
However, test.txt still remains on your hard disk. What is the best
way to delete this file from your hard drive? Is there a standard tool
that people use.

Also, is there a tool available that allows you to save only encrypted
text to disk, so that the plan text never even makes it on to disk?
Perhaps some simple word processor that converts plain text to
encrypted text before it saves to disk.

Thank you for your help!
- Ben