Decrypt file from PGP Desktop Professional

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Thu Apr 3 13:39:51 CEST 2008

guk guk wrote the following on 4/3/08 4:31 AM:
> Hi !
>
> I'm a newbie in gnupg.
> If a file is encrypted using PGP Desktop Professional, is it possible for me to decrypt that file using gnupg ?
> If it's possible , how to do that ?
> Thanks

I also use PGP Desktop 9.8.1 (Build 2.5.3), Macintosh.
I correspond with some one who also uses the same application, and
decrypt his messages with gpg and/or gpg2.

To use gpg to decrypt such messages, it all depends on what MUA and
operating system you are using.

The message you posted to the list was composed in

I am not familiar with that mailer. Does it have a plug-in that enables
it to communicate with GnuPG? If you are running some flavor of Windows,
I believe there is something called PGP Tray (or similar) that night
enable you to process messages with GnuPG in your mailer's message window.

A Google search with Yahoomail Web GnuPG brought up a number of links
that you can check at:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Yahoomail+Web+GnuPG&spell=1>
Check according to your operating system.

I use, here, Thunderbird+Enigmail. Enigmail enables Thunderbird to
interact with GnuPG. When I receive a message from the person who uses
PGP 9.8.1, Thunderbird+Enigmail processes it as any other encrypted,
signed, or signed and encrypted message; I use either icons in the tool
bar, or commands from the Menu.

Regards,
Charly
MacOS 10.5.2 - MacBook Intel C2Duo - GnuPG 1.4.9 - GPG2 2.0.9 -
Thunderbird 2.0.0.12- Enigmail 0.95.6